Monday, August 13, 2007

Wakin' Up Feelin' Good and Limber

Much like Douglas MacArthur once returned to the Philippines, I have returned to you, my faithful readers. That is, if any of you are left out there to read this. I know that my prolonged absence has been troubling for many of you (coughJohnMiddletoncough), but I will do my best to make it up to all of you in some small way.

I realize that the initial post back after a long period of silence should be filled with some great insight or comment gained through a great deal of introspection, but I'm going to save my thoughts on the last week at Trek, the past week in Mexico, moving back to Waco, and other items for posts later this week.

For now, you will have to be satisfied with my latest future reading list and the current reading list.

Future Reading:
  • The Last Lion: Winston Churchill: Alone, 1932-1940 -- William Manchester

  • Everything Bad is Good for You: How Today's Pop Culture is Actually Making Us Smarter -- Steven Johnson

  • Men at Work: The Craft of Baseball by George F. Will

  • Generation Kill -- Evan Wright

  • Mystic River -- Dennis Lehane

  • The Last Best League: One Summer, One Season, One Dream -- Jim Collins

Current Reading:



The Powers That Be -- David Halberstam


Also, I must mention that Liverpool began its season with a dramatic win over Aston Villa on Saturday by the score of 2-1. As if you had to ask, the winning tally was provided by none other than skipper Steven Gerrard, who added yet another chapter in his memorable reign as captain of the Reds. Here's a video of the winning free kick in the 87th minute, courtesy of the right foot of Stevie G. and probably to a greater extent, the Fox Soccer Channel.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 12:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're back - I've missed my biweekly fix.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home