Saturday, July 21, 2007

A Picture of You Holding a Picture of Me

For many people around the world, young and old alike, Christmas in July took place today. That's right, the final installment of the Harry Potter saga was released at midnight last night, but unless you've been living in Ted Kaczynski's cabin, you probably already knew that.

I must admit to a little Potter blasphemy. I wrote last week about my distaste for the 5th film, but I have an ever bigger bombshell to drop today. Ladies and gentlemen, I've only read the 1st and 4th pieces in Harry's quest. That's right, it's almost as if I only watched Raiders of the Lost Ark and The Last Crusade and completely ignored the Temple of Doom. Although if I'm going with the Indiana Jones metaphor, the first and third films were vastly superior to the middle installment, but I digress.

Now that I've laid my soul bare to you, the reader, I must admit that any book that can cause this kind of excitement makes my day just a little bit brighter. If J.K. Rowling can cause thousands of kids around the world to put down their XBox 360 controllers for a few days, hours, and minutes in order to use their imaginations conjuring up another world, I'm fully supportive.

In other news, Liverpool brought home a 2-0 victory yesterday in a preseason friendly against a French club, Auxerre. Skipper Steven Gerrard and defender Daniel Agger both scored goals for the Reds. Here's a short highlight package:

For the next week on trail, I will be spending some quality time with Granbury Church of Christ on a mountain that is to be determined. I'll be back with more on Thursday.

2 Comments:

At 8:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

disappointing. it is commonly accepted conventional wisdom among everyone that Temple of Doom is far and away the best of the Indiana Jones Movies! Or is it that Empire Strikes Back is the best of the original Star Wars trilogy. darn, I just can't keep anything straight anymore. old age, I guess.

 
At 8:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hope you're having a blast in beautiful colorado.. i'm holding down east texas! haha. Eric (lil bro) is headed up for college week. you still going to be around? Have fun!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home