Sunday, February 11, 2007

I am Not Your Carpet Ride, I am the Sky

As announced on Tuesday, I decided to start following Liverpool FC as part of my journey towards becoming a fan of the "beautiful game". Well, I hope that I have not already contaminated "The Reds" with some of my Rangers fan-mediocrity because they lost yesterday 2-1 at the hands of Newcastle United.

Even though I initially thought Time Magazine's decision to make "You" the 2006 Person of the Year was a fairly lame attempt at passing the buck on actually naming President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad or Kim Jong Il as the Person of the Year, I have to admit this: YouTube is a pretty darn fantastic website. Where else can you find English Premiership highlights, clips of a guy running through the history of dance (you know which clip I'm talking about), or Dave Chapelle's "Black Bush" sketch?

Thanks to YouTube, I was also able to come up with another reason why I think that I am going to love watching English soccer. Perhaps you've observed the recent backlash against the "throat-slashing" gesture that was once the chic method of celebrating a touchdown or dunk. Well, my friends, Liverpool striker Robbie Fowler took the integration of deviant behavior and athletic celebrations to the next level. Before a match between Liverpool and their rival Everton, the Everton fans were constantly harassing Fowler about his possible cocaine use. Well, as you can see from the following clip, old Robbie had something to say about their rumors.

Soccer, it's fannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnntastic!!!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 9:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I Am the Highway by Audioslave. Amazing album.

Joey

 

Post a Comment

<< Home