Saturday, February 3, 2007

If You Want to Kiss the Sky Better Learn How to Kneel

Well, as much as I tried to mangle the most current Song of the Day contest, Dan Carlson still managed to come up with the correct answer. You can look at yesterday's comments section to see where I went wrong, but somehow Dan read my mind and still named "Somebody Told Me" by The Killers as Friday's Song of the Day. I would blame my mistake on a week of Finals, but that is simply not the honesty that readers of this blog have come to expect. I can give you nothing less than the "I chopped down the cherry tree" truth.


Moving on, have you ever wondered where you might be able to pick up a 1993 Buffalo Bills Super Bowl Champions hat or a Utah Jazz NBA Champions sweatshirt? Simple, just look at the clothing of the citizens next time you visit a developing country. I'm pretty sure my favorite part of the entire article is the portion that mentions how the NFL has issued the iron-fisted mandate that the shirts and caps from the losing team shall never appear on television, eBay, or American soil.


Hmmm, I hate to break it to you NFL, but if over 9 Cincinnati Bengals have been arrested in the last calendar year, isn't the Super Bowl loser apparel issue a problem that should be a little lower on the collective priority list? Tomorrow night, a shirt from the Bears or Colts could create as much chaos as some loose weapons-grade plutonium. Well at least 24 has a new story arc for next season.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 5:10 PM, Blogger Andrew Tuegel said...

Mysterious Ways by U2.

 
At 8:57 AM, Blogger Patrick said...

teugel you would beat me to the punch. I got my dad to record Vertigo in Chicago on the HDnet last night. U2 should have done the superbowl instead of prince, well the artist formally known as prince, and the artist formally known as a symbol now known as a prince.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home