Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Your Rusty Heart Will be Fine, In Its Telltale Time

Congratulations to Ms. Ashley Mize for correctly naming "The Predatory Wasp of the Palisades is Out to Get Us" by Sufjan Stevens as Tuesday's Song of the Day.

Illinoise has definitely been my favorite study album during this Finals period, along with the Christmas album that Stevens released this past year. I may be disowned by some blog readers for the following statement, but ordinarily I cannot stand Christmas music. It just grates at my nerves.

Sufjan's new Christmas album is different though. It seems like something that I can listen to year-round instead of just during a restricted part of the year. I'm pretty sure that I've never heard more beautiful versions of "Amazing Grace", "Holy, Holy, Holy", and "Come Thou Fount...". Go pick it up, even if it is late January.

4 finals down, 1 to go.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 5:28 PM, Blogger Poseur said...

My brother and I were arguing about Sufjan Stevens.

He thinks Sufjan Stevens sucks because Stevens is what he refers to as "sneaky Jesus", trying not to market himself as a Christian singer and then getting you to show up at his show when all he does is try and convert you to Christianity.

I think Sufjan Stevens sucks because his albums are annoying as hell. And the 50 States concept is perhaps the most pretentious idea in pop music since Tales From Topographic Oceans.

We came to a consensus by just agreeing that it doesn't matter why Sufjan Stevens sucks, only that we realize that he does suck.

 
At 5:30 PM, Blogger Poseur said...

Oh, and just for the hell of it. The song of the day is "Tonight" by TV On the Radio. Great song, great album. Go buy the entire back catalog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home