Wednesday, February 7, 2007

You Can All Sleep Sound Tonight, I'm Not Crazy or Anything

Congratulations to Dan Carlson for naming "Heavy Things" by Phish as Tuesday's Song of the Day. In his winning answer, Dan mentioned that "Farmhouse" was the only Phish album that he has ever had the privilege to hear. (Privilege is my word, not his).


That fact makes me almost as sad as watching an extended documentary of the Rangers post-season triumphs, or lack thereof. Because of that I'm giving you, the readers, an additional free music recommendation for the day. Go pick up "Live Phish 11" and thank me later. If my Dad or sister come on here to post negative comments regarding Phish, please ignore whatever they say. I love them, but some things that they say are just lies. I know that hurts to read, but sometimes you just have to tell the truth.


In other news, apparently the Bears fan who vowed to change his name to "Peyton Manning" if the Monsters of the Midway lost in the Super Bowl is feeling a bit like Ron Burgundy after jumping into the bear pit to save Veronica Corningstone. "I immediately regret this decision!"


This seems to illustrate a good rule about non-monetary sports wagers. Embarassment is okay, but lifelong legal name changes are bad. He could have just told his buddies he would show up at the sports bar wearing a Indianapolis Colts Cheerleader outfit or something, but I'm pretty sure this name thing is going to throw a lot of people off. Also, He will forever be stuck with the fact that Rex Grossman probably caused him to change his name. Thanks Rex.



Current Reading


The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 2:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am legally changing my name to Superman. Five for Fighting Style.

Jeffrey

 
At 3:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You Lie!

-Katie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home