Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Words of Wisdom from Andy and Red

Congratulations to Andrew Tuegel for naming "Swallowed in the Sea" by Coldplay as the Tuesday Song of the Day.
  • "Get busy livin' or get busy dyin'."
  • "Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies."
  • "I could see why some of the boys took him for snobby. He had a quiet way about him, a walk and a talk that just wasn't normal around here. He strolled, like a man in a park without a care or a worry in the world, like he had on an invisible coat that would shield him from this place. Yeah, I think it would be fair to say... I liked Andy from the start."
  • "It was like some beautiful bird flapped into our drab little cage and made those walls dissolve away, and for the briefest of moments, every last man in Shawshank felt free."
  • "Forget that... there are places in this world that aren't made out of stone. That there's something inside... that they can't get to, that they can't touch. That's yours." "What're you talking about?" "Hope."
  • "We sat and drank with the sun on our shoulders and felt like free men. Hell, we could have been tarring the roof of one of our own houses. We were the lords of all creation. As for Andy - he spent that break hunkered in the shade, a strange little smile on his face, watching us drink his beer."
  • "I find I'm so excited, I can barely sit still or hold a thought in my head. I think it's the excitement only a free man can feel, a free man at the start of a long journey whose conclusion is uncertain. I hope I can make it across the border. I hope to see my friend, and shake his hand. I hope the Pacific is as blue as it has been in my dreams. I hope. "

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 11:15 PM, Blogger Patrick said...

Shawshank is tied for my second favorite movie of all time.
1) Braveheart
2) Shawshank and DPS

 
At 1:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's not a song title today Tuegel. Beat ya' to it, suck on it.

-Randy Orton

 
At 3:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I Can Only Imagine

- Power & Praise

 

Post a Comment

<< Home