Tuesday, December 19, 2006

That's Where I Belong and You Belong With Me

Note: Team Nate Low (led by Cole Griffith) defeated Team Jodayyy (led by yours truly) in the Mira, Mira League Championship this past weekend. I hate to do this, but I've allowed Cole to be the first ever guest poster on Running Down a Dream due to improbable victory. What follows is from the mind of Coleman Greer Griffith....


My Victory Speech,

First and foremost, I would like to thank Al Gore because without him inventing the internet me winning this fantasy football championship would not have been possible.


Second, I would like to thank myself. My ability to motivate these players truly reflects my awesomeness as a person. I did not even check on the team for weeks at a time, but every week they would show up and give 100%.


Third, I would like to thank my players.

  • Rex Grossman...thank you for believing that you can make any throw possible.

  • Tiki Barber...you are gonna retire without a SuperBowl championship, but at least you won a fantasy league.

  • Stephen Jackson...you were a freakin beast all year...Don't ever cut your hair.

  • Javon Walker...Jay Cutler is gonna make you great.

  • Darrell Jackson and Antonio Gates...thanks for showing up the last week, together you produced a total of .7 points. You won't be on my team next year.

  • Jeff Wilkins...you better believe that I never checked on my team because I would have benched you for Rob Bironas a long time ago.

  • The Pittsburgh defense...you have played like absolute crap except for last week. I expect better from you next year.

  • And finally to my bench...I wish I couldn't have gotten you more playing time, but you gotta impress the coach in practice to get playing time.
Fourth, I would like to thank my parents...without yall having me and paying for the internet at our house, this championship would not have been possible.


Fifth, I would like to thank myself again. The ability to balance a job, school, and a fantasy football team is amazing.


Sixth, thanks goes out to Kanye West because without you I would still believe that George W. Bush likes African-Americans.


Seventh, to my competition...congratulations on a great season, but try harder next year.


Also, I would like to wish Joey Mercury a speedy recovery and a happy holiday season! We need you back in the wrestling ring.Thanks to CM Punk for giving me an inspiration to become something in life.


Lastly, I would like to thank myself one more time. Cole, you are great!

4 Comments:

At 8:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Justin,

This is the biggest load of crap I have ever read in my life. This guy is a self-centered, egotistical, sob! Mr. Griffith- try humbling your self.

-Swanburg

P.S. awesomeness isn't a word

 
At 11:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

swallowed by the sea by coldplay. tuegel

 
At 1:57 AM, Blogger Patrick said...

Coleman,
Just tell me where and when you want me to order the People's Liberation Army to destroy Swanburg and I will make it happen immediately. You've got 1.3 billion strong behind you.
Patrick

 
At 3:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's not arrogance, it's destiny.

Legend Killer

 

Post a Comment

<< Home