Friday, November 10, 2006

When the Morning Light Comes Streaming In I'll Get Up and Do It Again

Congratulations to Nina Patterson for naming "In My Life" by The Beatles as the Thursday Song of the Day. Yes, Nina did not submit her answer in the comments section, but she mentioned it to me in passing before Torts this morning and that's good enough for me.


  • This video made my day. Yes, I am borderline obsessive about my pseudo-fraternity, but watching this video reminded me of why I am so proud to be a Gamma Sig. Like Patty V always says, "It's a great day to be a Gamma Sig."


  • I'm becoming a big LeBron James fan. You know that you are watching someone special when every one of his team's games feels like an event because you just cannot wait to see what he is going to do next. Plus, he's only 21. 21! I know that we no longer live in an era where the NBA is full of players who conform to the traditional standard of college stars, but LeBron's maturity and leadership at 21 is a lot of fun to watch. Now if we can only get him to stop chewing his nails on the bench.


  • The "LeBrons" is going to turn out to be this generation's "Mars Blackmon: It's Gotta Be the Shoes" advertising campaign. You heard it here first.

  • What exactly are "The Bee's Knees" and why are they the standard of cool? Can anyone answer this?

  • If I ever begin teaching in a business school somewhere, I am going to teach a course on "The Economics of Hotcakes". Think about it, you always hear people say, "(Fill in an item) is selling like hotcakes," but how many actually hotcakes stands do you see? All that the world needs is a man with a vision. I am that man and all I can see are hotcakes.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At 10:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"The Pretender" by Jackson Browne...now I expect a really great prize because as you know I'm not the music officianado in the family. Mom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home