Thursday, October 12, 2006

Two Year's In and It's Time to Choose

This morning I made the move over to Blogger beta. At this moment, I'm not really sure about all the potential benefits of that decision, but I'll be sure to keep you updated. I know you are waiting with bated breath.

Lost last night was enjoyable. I loved that Abrams worked in the Red Sox World Series victory in 2004 to last night's episode. As the leader of "The Others" is telling Jack that he has the capability to send Jack back to America, he offers as proof of that ability, a few historical tidbits that have occurred since flight 815 crashed, including: George Bush's re-election and the Red Sox winning the World Series.

Jack didn't really react when he heard about Dubya's victory, but the mere thought that the Red Sox had finally overcome the Curse of the Bambino simply was too much to take. He began laughing and said that if they wanted to prove that they really knew what was going on in America they should have picked another team besides the eternally damned BoSox. His outlook changed very quickly though when a TV showed a clip of Edgar Renteria grounding out to end Game 4 and Keith Foulke began to celebrate.

That is why you, J.J. Abrams, get the Running Down the Dream Person of the Day award. Congratulations.

I know that Waco is a bit further south than Abilene or Tyler, but am I asking too much for just a little touch of Fall? Maybe a cool, crisp breeze here or there? By no means do I want frigid winters that make me feel like I am in Fargo, but would the opportunity to put on a sweater really be all that bad? Maybe I should be careful what I ask for.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 10:49 AM, Blogger Chris Field said...

Wow, that is funny. I changed to Blogger Beta last night also and my favorite part of LOST was that Jack started laughing when Ben told him that the Sox had won the series. It was a nice touch.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home