Friday, May 19, 2006

He's Got An Interstate Runnin' Through His Front Yard, You Know, He Think, That He's Got It So Good

Well, I have returned from the land of corn and The Fighting Irish. I'll try to write more tomorrow, but for right now here are some quick thoughts before I head off to bed.
  • In one of the more bizarre coincidences, the Corvette Assembly plant is located in Bowling Green, Kentucky. Thus, Bowling Green is the site of the National Corvette Museum, which is conveniently located off of Interstate 65. You would think that the National Corvette Museum would be somewhere like Santa Barbara or something but it's in Bowling Green, Kentucky. Go figure.
  • West Memphis, Arkansas might be one of the more depressing places to live in America. It looked like the most exciting thing to do on a Friday night was going to the dog-racing track. I would also like to mention that the aforementioned dog-track is located in the sweltering Mississippi river bottoms. West Memphis, folks. Don't overwhelm the realtors.
  • I'm pretty sure that my father places heretics, terrorists, and people who drive slow in the left-lane in the same general category of disdain. Maybe that's a bit of an exaggeration but it is not an excessive one.

Hopefully, I will be able to write a lot this week before I head up to Colorado for the summer. I just purchased a new laptop this past week and that should allow me to post weekly this summer when I am off-trail. No guarantees here though folks, only aspirations.

5 Comments:

At 12:03 AM, Blogger Spencer said...

Hello, Sir. I'm glad to hear you plan on continuing your updating throughout the summer. I look forward to your posts, what can I say...you just captivate my attention. Please write a book one day. I would read it.

 
At 10:48 PM, Blogger Dan Carlson said...

Your dad's got the right idea.

"Pink Houses," John Mellencamp.

 
At 9:07 AM, Blogger Cris said...

I would read any book you wrote too...and I used to live in Santa Barbara. Does that make you think more highly of me? It should. Wish I had the chance to see you before we both left! Congratulations!

 
At 8:01 PM, Blogger Stacey said...

What are you doing this summer, Justin?

 
At 10:57 AM, Blogger Cody Blair said...

july 21-28, grapevine church of christ, you better be our guide

 

Post a Comment

<< Home