Thursday, May 11, 2006

I'm Tryin' to Get on the Other Side of Town

Congratulations to Ben Grant for correctly naming "Sloop John B." as the Tuesday Song of the Day. The final Final was completed yesterday and now I am just enjoying the life of a college student awaiting graduation on Saturday.

I'll have another retrospective/sentimental post later today, but for right now, I would like to provide another plug for the Sports Guy, who has a brilliant idea in his latest column.

Now, I've never been someone who understood the great appeal of fantasy sports but I have friends that do. Maybe this is embarrassing, but I have friends who are members of fantasy tennis and pro wrestling leagues. Perhaps some would respond with suggestions of recuperative therapy for these unnamed friends of mine, but I really think that the Sports Guy's suggestion of a possible Us Weekly fantasy league could lead to a new world of enjoying sports, entertainment, and politics.

How about a fantasy league for the U.S. Senate? Imagine this conversation: "Guess what, I just picked up Barack Obama off the waiver wire this week and he already participated in three filibusters. What a steal!" This could be huge. I'm not sure what I need to do about copyrighting this idea for a political fantasy league, but if anyone knows the name of a good intellectual property lawyer, I would love to have it.

3 Comments:

At 2:33 PM, Blogger Stacey said...

If I had the first choice, Barack Obama would be my #1 pick of the draft. You football fans can have Mario Williams but I'll take the 2012 president to be thank you very much.

 
At 6:41 PM, Blogger Prosso said...

I wouldn't pick Obama yet. My money is on George P Bush running into the ring to Rey Meysterio's music during the middle of an Obama speech.

George P looks like a straight Ricky Martin and he can speak that Spanish. Remember how Clinton took the soccer mom vote? George P will own it. Of course my pick could fizzle but if I was right man what an investment. Plus everyone's Mexican now and we are taking over this country.

PS Thanks for checking out Beyond the Mat. We'll make a believer out of you yet...

 
At 6:43 PM, Blogger Prosso said...

PS Have you seen P's wife? Bonus.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home