Wednesday, May 24, 2006

All the Lights are Changing Red to Green

Congratulations to Ms. Heather Norman for correctly naming "Tiny Dancer" by Elton John as the Tuesday Song of the Day.

Well, tomorrow I will be leaving for the great state of Colorado and a summer at Wilderness Trek, but the good news is that we just changed to a nationwide calling plan, so if you feel like calling during the summer, I would love to hear from you. If you need my phone number, just send me an email at jts02@acu.edu and I will be glad to give it to you.

This is the first post from the laptop and I am glad that I will be able to use it this summer to post here, answer e-mail, and post pictures from my adventures this summer. There will probably be around 1-2 posts per week but take solace in the fact that they will pack a lot of info.

Current Reading: Guns, Germs, and Steel by Jared Diamond.

Summer Reading List (so far):
  • Ghost Soldiers by Hampton Sides
  • Joe Dimaggio: The Hero's Life by Richard Ben Cramer
  • Black Hawk Down: A Story of Modern War by Mark Bowden
  • Hell or High Water: Surviving Tibet's Tsangpo River by Peter Heller
  • Annapurna by Maurice Herzog
  • The Broker by John Grisham
  • Integrity by Stephen L. Carter
  • Grace for the Moment by Max Lucado (on a daily basis)
  • Colorado's Fourteeners: Volume II by Gerry Roach

That's the list as of right now. If you have any suggestions or books that you would like to send me (I wish), please feel free to make those recommendations known. Until later....

4 Comments:

At 3:31 PM, Blogger Stacey said...

Check out this book called "Nickel and Dimed." Don't remember the author. Have you read Richard Foster's Celebration of Discipline? That's another one of my favorites. Blessings on your summer.

 
At 5:49 PM, Blogger Dan Carlson said...

If you're interested:
Ladies and Gentlemem, The Bronx Is Burning: 1977, Baseball, Politics, and the Battle for the Soul of a City, Jonathan Mahler.
Probably best to stay away from other stuff I was going to mention, since being up in the Colorado mountains is a good place to put all the current political crap out of your mind.

"Babylon," David Gray.

 
At 6:59 PM, Blogger Dan Carlson said...

Obviously, that's Ladies and Gentlemen. I tennd to mispel things when I typ quickly.

 
At 12:44 PM, Blogger Prosso said...

Winters from Band of Brothers wrote a book. I haven't read it yet.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home