Sunday, January 30, 2005

You Get No Younger From Those Colors in Your Hair

Happy Birthday wishes for the week: Kevin Stone (today), Jenny Nofsinger (the 24th), and Briana Litton (the 28th).

Well, today was the day. I always looked at my training program and secretly dreaded the day when I would run 20 miles. I love running, but to run 20 miles you really have to LOVE it. Kind of like backpacking and then working at Trek. You really find out if your impressions and whims are true. It was really not that bad, even though the weather would have been nice for downtown Edinburgh. I ran 10 laps around campus (with two laps around the old intramural field because a lap around the exterior of campus is only 1.9 miles) for a couple of reasons: 1. The mileage was easy to keep track of and 2. Running on the grass and dirt around campus is a lot less stressful on the joints. By the end, my quads were beginning to become pretty fatigued, and I think that the 21-22 mile mark will be the critical point of the marathon. I am pretty sure that if I was able to run 20 miles under less than ideal conditions with no one to cheer me on that I will be able push through the pain in what should be better weather and infinitely more support in Austin.

I am really excited about the conference this weekend out at Pepperdine. It should be a great chance to hear some of the best Christian and Jewish lawyers talk about the responsibility that we have to pursue social justice, especially in the gaping chasm that now exists in America between the "haves" and the "have-nots."

"In as much as you have done it for the least of these, you have done it for me." (Matthew 25:40)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home