Monday, January 17, 2005

You Know They Went After King When He Spoke Out on Vietnam

It is always good to have this holiday so early in the semester. I am sure that it would be nice to have somewhere in April, but this way you get a tease of the semester, but you feel like you are still on the break with a nice 3-day weekend.

Jim Kizer was the winner of the last song title contest by guessing "When You Come Back Down" by Nickel Creek from Sunday's blog post. Jim wins a free haircut from me when his hair gets long and incredibly unruly again. The standings are still being kept everyone, and I will not forget those who are faithful participants.

I have a big announcement to make. In the grand tradition of the World's Longest Basketball Game in 2001 (25 hours), the Run to Harding, and the Bike Ride to Pepperdine, GSP will take on another great feat in April to raise money for Habitat for Humanity. The objective this time? The World's Longest Softball game. It will happen the weekend of April 14-17. Yes, that is right folks, 68 ( We are slaves to tradition) straight hours of softball. It is going to start at 11:59 p.m. on Thursday and end at 7:59 p.m. on Sunday night. It seems that some Irish blokes played for 55 hours last year, but they are in for a rude awakening come April 17. The name of this great event? Insanity for Humanity. Naming credit goes to Dave "Hot Face" Sessions. It should be a lot of fun, and I plan to keep my stats during the game. I plan to go at least 150 for 253 with 300 total bases, but I digress.

Last night I went over to the Sig Shack to watch some UFC 46. For those of you who do not know what UFC is, it stands for Ultimate Fighting Championships. One of those no-holds barred kind of things that is like watching one of Chuck Pahalinuk's novels. I am not going to lie, I was a bit disappointed. There was way to much grappling on the ground and not nearly enough Daniel LaRusso crane kicking. The coolest move we saw the entire night was probably the "Spinning Back-Fist." I am not sure how I felt about myself for watching this, but sometimes you want to watch something a little more stiff than curling.

Continue to keep everyone affected by the tragic accident involving the Highland Youth Group in your prayers, especially the Bourland family.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home