Wednesday, January 12, 2005

When The Levee Breaks

Embarrassing/Funny Moment of the Week Thus Far: I was riding my bike across campus, and for those who have not seen it, it is a Trek 1000 Road Bike. This means that my tires are considerably more narrow than those on most other bikes. As I was riding to my 10 o'clock class, I ventured onto the grass to maneuver around some pedestrians. Well, it so happened that my bike tire came off the pavement at an odd angle, and my bike become unstable at a very rapid rate. Instinctively, I threw the bike out from under me so that I would land of my feet. As I came to my feet, I shouted, "Whooooaaaaaa, that was close." Then everyone around me proceeded to stare and wonder,"what kind of klutz is this guy, and who did he steal that bike from?" And yes, if you were wondering, this happened in the busiest part of campus right before the most heavily attended class time of the day. My skills have increased rapidly, and I have been able to maintain my balance these last two days. As that great thinker Napoleon Dynamite once said,"Girls love guys with skills."

Everything is getting cranked up here at school. There are some classes I could care less about, Business and Professional Communication and Hispanic Novel (My last Spanish Class!), and there are those that I am really going to enjoy, including Recent Political Theory and Constitutional Law: Civil Rights. GSP Sing Song practice will commence tomorrow. We are going to do the most famous Scientologist proud.

As a parting gift I give you my favorite CD right now: Hopes and Fears by Keane. Go get it. You will hate yourself for never following through on those piano lessons.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home