Tuesday, January 4, 2005

Thinking of the Things That We Might Have Been

As the next semester approaches I am sure that it will be filled with Sing Song practices, long hours running around the streets of Abilene, and classes studying Locke and Hobbes, but I am not really sure what else it will be bring.

So many times the expectations and plans that I have for my life always seem to change, and many times those changes are not what I would have originally planned, but they are for the best. When you are in the middle of trying situations and shifting circumstances, the outcomes and options seem to be negative, but even in those situations, there are opportunities for discovery and growth.

Through this whole situation, people have been telling me all of this stuff about the will of God, and I don't know what to think about all of the different perspectives that have been thrown at me. So many times, people feed me lines about "If it's God's will, then.....", but the thing that I am trying to figure out is how do I fit into that?

Through my thinking on this subject, I have come to a current place where I believe that God does not have our lives planned out in mass detail and he does not have us working on a waypoint system. Instead, it seems to me that if we glorify God with our lives, he will bless our decisions and desires.

The difficult thing then is discerning if our actions are simply good for ourselves or if they are also a glory to God. That has been one of the hardest things for me as I think about my current situation. I know that the best thing that I can do is to simply allow time to work things out. In that time, I will hopefully grow in my ability to accept and be at peace with whatever comes.

1 Comments:

At 12:51 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

"Lie in Our Graves"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home