Friday, December 17, 2004

What a Long Strange Trip It's Been

Watching the O.C. last night was fun, but not nearly as exciting as watching it at the Pink Flamingo (a.k.a. Malinda, Robyn, and Courtney's house). I am sure that the yelling would have reached a fever pitch last night when they showed the previews for the rest of the season.

I am heading down to Houston today for Nathan Fears' wedding, and I should be back on Saturday night. It will be good to see Aaron Winn after his semester down in Montevideo.

Marathon training has been going very well. It is a bit different here in East Texas than Abilene because of the rolling terrain, but I think that is a good simulation for the hills on the course in Austin. It seems that the closer that I get to the marathon, I have been looking forward to other events such as the Hotter than Hell Hundred or other long-distance events. I am beginning to think that running the marathon is going to be easier than training for it. Some days it is difficult to convince myself to get out there and run, but at some point I reach a place where I forget about everything that is going on, and I enjoy the simple pleasure of running.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home