Saturday, December 11, 2004

Pebbles and Marbles Like Things On My Mind

This past semester as I began to take more Political Science classes, I saw my interest in my major rise rapidly. I no longer saw my degree as simply a prerequisite for law school, but something that I could devote myself to and as a future career. I have always had this idea that I wanted to teach at the college level, and pursuing a career in political science would give me a great opportunity to pursuie that dream.

I see in small ways that I am making the right decision to pursue a career in political science when I talk with my parents about the Palestinian/Israeli conflict and the problems with wealth distribution in Nigeria. These topics may not be discussed in your house, but in our house they are debated and questioned with interesting fervor.

In other news, it has been a lot of fun to watch all of the coverage in the Tyler area for the Robert E. Lee State Championship. The alma mater of Jonathan Vincent Smith won the 5A Division I Texas Bowl today 28-21 over Spring Westfield. My mom said they even announced it in the grocery store as she shopped. Only in Texas my friends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home