Wednesday, December 8, 2004

And the Sun It Tries to Warn Me, Boy Those Wings are Made of Wax

It is finished. Well, at least this semester is done. The Political Theory exam went very well, and my ace study partner, Adam "I love acronyms" Smith, feels good about the test as well. I will be heading out of town tomorrow around noon.

This Christmas break is going to be very interesting. I will have a lot of time to simply sit down and think. I wrote earlier today about deconstruction of our reality, and that is what I will have some opportunity to do. Often, I become so engrossed in what I am doing that I forget about the bigger stuff that is going on around me. All of those ideas that are not tangible are thrown aside for the things that I can see and touch. I need some time to reconnect with the things that give me meaning and purpose each day. This process is not going to be easy, but as Socrates said, "the unexamined life is not worth living."

If you want to come down to Tyler/Whitehouse to visit during the break just get in touch with me, and we will be happy to have you at the Scott house. I cannot guarantee that my Mom will cook lasagna while you are here, but the sheets will be clean. I will be activating my new cell phone tomorrow night around 5 p.m., and the number will be the same. Give me a call if you want, and I will be glad to talk. I hope everyone has a great finish to Finals and a superb Christmas Break.

P.S. Go Tyler Lee Red Raiders

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home