Monday, December 6, 2004

We Were Surprised to Find So Much Inside

I realize I have not put any of my own words on here for awhile, but as many of you know, the recent conditions have not been the best for writing. I am so thankful to my parents for their love and support. I have this odd way of forgetting sometimes that they were my age once too, and they have experienced many of the same things that I am working through right now. Just talking to my Dad and knowing that when he talks about giving things time to sort, he has lived it out. That testimony is powerful, and makes it that much easier to listen.

Running has been a real interesting time as of late. It is an engima for me because it represents this time of escape where I leave behind what I have been doing, and I go out and feel very basic human emotions. I experience elation at the simple ability to run. I feel pain as the lactic acid builds up in my legs, and I face doubts about my ability to press on. At the same time, I am completely alone with my thoughts. My head swims at times with the many things fighting for my focus. I am able to let my mind wander over all the things that concern me, and to not find any real answers, but to simply ask questions. I suggest answers and solutions to myself, but those suggestions only lead to more questions. I think that is not a problem, but is really a blessing in a journey of discovery.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home