Friday, November 26, 2004

You Won't Find Moments In a Box

Well, it is good to be back writing on the blog again. We had a good time down in Waco, but it is nice to be back home. The stuffing, turkey, and pecan pie were all top-notch, and I had my first ever slice of pumpkin pie. I know that some of you are ardent pumpkin pie disciples, and the fact that it has taken me almost 21 years to taste this Thanksgiving delicacy may cause your hearts to skip a beat, but I promise you that I have now seen the light.

Sarah Carlson was the winner of the Blog Title Contest from Monday with her correct guess of "Dare You to Move" by those San Diego rockers Switchfoot. Sarah wins a full-scale replica of my winning Pinewood Derby car from 1991. It has really been fun to see Switchfoot rise to stardom since I have been following them since the "Legend of Chin" and "New Way to Be Human" days. I had the treat of seeing them in concert in 2003. They put on a very high energy, entertaining show that is very crowd-pleasing.

It is always funny to see how you react with your family when you do not see them for awhile. I am not talking about my immediate family. I see them enough that it is not difficult to pick the relationship back up where we last were, but since I have been working in Colorado the past two summers, I do not see my extended family nearly as much. As I have begun to develop my own personality, and I have become perceptive of the personalities of those around me, I see things that I did not see in the past. All in all, it is time well spent, but you begin to understand that your immediate family are the ones that you know the best, and they are the ones that you have to invest your time and energy in.

I hope everyone is enjoying their holiday, and is gearing up for the Finals Week finish.

1 Comments:

At 8:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great song - so powerful. That would be 'Wading in a Velvet Sea' by your fav band. I'm glad you had such a good time with your family. Long live pumpkin pie! Someday I'll open my mind to pecan.

Sarah

 

Post a Comment

<< Home