Saturday, November 20, 2004

I've Been Here Before and I Deserve a Little More

Well, I am sorry that the blog has been down lately. I know that all of you wait with heightened anticipation each time you check it, but I think things are ok again.

Last night I had my first encounter with that brand of musical theater known as opera. No disrespect to Sarah Dean, who was fantastic, but I think that my first opera experience may be my last for awhile. I thought it was going to be like a musical with established musical themes running throughout, but instead everytime I latched to a song, it was over, and the music was unrecognizable. Perhaps I need to see something like Carmen or Madame Butterfly, but for now I am content to let The Marriage of Figaro be the extent of my opera catalog. Honesty also compels me to tell you that I was pretty tired when we went into the auditorium, and I was not completely able to focus in the dark, but let me tell you, when you wake up out of a semi-sleepy state, and people are singing all of their words, well you just wonder what kind of place you have stumbled into.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home