Tuesday, November 16, 2004

If I Knew the Way I Would Take You Home

One of the hardest things for a person in their young 20's to deal with is being sick. I know that our bodies will heal more quickly than those older than us, but it is always difficult remembering that these bodies are not perfect and are prone to the common cold once in a while.

It is always difficult to express to girls the invincibility that the male species feels from their birth until their 30's, and some people they always feel that way (i.e. Evel Knievel). We throw our bodies into painful situations, hit one another, and do crazy stunts just because we can. I still climbed trees after succumbing to the breaking limb trick from 20 feet up in the 6th grade. No matter how many times we see it happen to someone else, we always believe that somehow we will come out unscathed. If we do not, then we simply subscribe to the "I don't want to die without any scars" mentality, and revel in our wounds.

In these situations it always difficult for me to hold back. I want to go out and run, but I know that will only delay my recovery. Somehow subconciously, I believe that the rules of health do not apply, and I can simultaneously exercise and recover. If you see me today, tell me to take it easy until this head-cold clears, because otherwise you will see me running and will not want to catch up. Oh, and Mom if you read this, I am really okay,it is only a slight cold, so don't worry about sending Dimetapp.

1 Comments:

At 1:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, another artist's favorite of mine, gotta love the Dead. I used to kind of be able to play Ripple on guitar... like 5 years ago. :)

-Katrina

 

Post a Comment

<< Home