Wednesday, November 10, 2004

What Was I Thinking When I Let Go of You?

I have a quick question before I go to bed. Why are we so hesistant to speak to others about what God has done in our lives? Tonight at Devo, we were all sitting around beforehand and talking loudly. After we had sung 1 or 2 songs Jeff Giddens asked: what are some good things that God is doing in people's lives this week? Immediately the room goes silent, and it is a little while before anyone said anything. A few people spoke up, but most of us were silent. Perhaps some are hesitant to speak in front of large groups, and I understand that, but I think that some people are afraid to talk about what God has done in their lives because they feel as if no one else cares. This is the last thing that we need. We love stories. We love to hear tales from other people's lives about their struggles and successes. We want to hear evidence of God's work in our world through the stories of others. Never quit telling stories of God's faithfulness. You never know who your audience might be.

1 Comments:

At 6:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think one reason people don't share how God is working in there lives is that they don't pray specifically about concerns and therefore they don't recognize the answers when they come. If you are specific about a request you can see much more clearly that the answer is from God. Example: Instead of "Help me to be Christlike today" you could pray "Help me to find someone that I can encourage today". Then when you find that person you can praise God that He put them in your path. I could go on but this is a comment section not my own blog!! Mom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home