Wednesday, November 10, 2004

I'll Come Back to You/It'll Be Brand New

This time is a definite blessing each day. I am able to sit down and let my ideas take some sort of form. I have developed a healthy respect for novelists, playwrights, and others who create extremely long works of coherence and beauty. Perhaps that is something I will one day grow into, but right now it just seems to be something that is given to a gifted few. One day I would love to be able to write like Edmund Morris. Wait, I guess I need to explain who Edmund Morris is. He is the author of The Rise of Theodore Roosevelt (A Pulitizer Prize winner, Teddy Roosevelt's life from birth to McKinley's assassination), Theodore Rex (Teddy's life from McKinley's assassination until the end of his second term), and Dutch (A biography of Ronald Reagan that was released in 1999). Morris' ability to recreated history is insightful and engaging. Well, maybe it is just interesting to those who are history-lovers, but I think everyone should give his work a try.

1 Comments:

At 7:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's fun finding writers you enjoy not just for their subject matter, but also for their art. There is such a joy to good writing; I also desire the ability. This is a good way to engender it - just the practice of writing period.

Sarah

 

Post a Comment

<< Home