Monday, November 15, 2004

I Went On to Cleveland and I Ended Up Insane

The weekend in Houston/Huntsville was a lot of fun, and a lot of driving. Sarah did some great work training for the drive back to Nashville. It was really good to see her with the kids that she loves so much. I know it was difficult for her to only be with them for a short time, but I think a return trip is already in the planning stage. Another thing I remembered this week is that middle school kids are much smarter than we "old people" give them credit for. When we were in our small groups talking about the theme of "Called" this weekend, some of the kids were pretty insightful, and it was encouraging to know that they are engaged and responsive to the Word.

It is about to crunchtime here at school. It is always manageable, but there is a certain amount of apprehension when I think of all of it at once. The key is to break down what can be done today, accomplish those tasks, and then move on the next thing tomorrow. I feel like I am one of those School-Success Manuals or something.

I would like to start a Blog contest everyday to see if anyone can name the song that the blog title comes from. The prize for the winner? My undying admiration and devotion.

Have a great day everyone.

1 Comments:

At 3:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Justin,
I would undoubtedly win this contest. I have thought many times of commenting on your use of quality song lyrics for your titles, but haven't up until this point. I especially enjoyed today's title from my FAVORITE Ryan Adams song, Oh My Sweet Carolina, but I am also partial to the many Wilco references. Anyway, as far as I'm concerned this contest is over. What's my prize?

Katrina :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home