Wednesday, December 29, 2004

She Started a Blaze From One Tiny Spark

A word to the wise: Be careful what you ask for, it just might happen. I was thinking the other day that I have been enjoying my time at home, but man, it does seem to be a bit boring around here. This week has more than made up for it though. Moving office furniture up at EOG is not my exact definition of fun, but if it helps to fund UK '05, then it receives my support.

With all of the time that I have had to think, I have not really come to any definite conclusions about all of the stuff that is running through my head, but I have begun to see some guiding principles take form during this time:

1. Time lessens pain, but does not take it away
2. The more you tell yourself not to think about someone/something, the more you think about that person or idea
3. Sometimes letting go allows you to find out how important someone/something is to you
4. Some mornings all you can do is wake up, breathe, and wonder what the tide will bring in.
5. Just because loving someone places you in a vulnerable position, do not be afraid of that vulnerability, even if it hurts. Loving deeply is the only way to love, and anything less is cheap.
6. Sometimes the best thing to give someone is time and space. Don't worry, this one has nothing to do with theoretical physics.
Always respect that. One of the worst things in life is forcing someone's hand.
7. You often find answers and comfort from the most unlikely of places.

This may seem a bit inane, and if they do, just ask me, and I will be glad to explain. That is if anyone still reads this thing. Even if no one does, I needed to write these principles and thoughts down, so I will be able to look back on them in the future. Every person and situation can be learned from, and it is up to us to see the hidden value.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home