Monday, December 20, 2004

Sit Yourself Down When You're Ready to Stay

Even though it has only been three days since I have written here, a lot has happened. The trip down to Houston was a lot of fun, and it was good to get out of town for awhile. I love reading as much as anyone, but I was able to plow through "Rainbow Six" in about a week, and that seemed like just a little too much time reading.

I am glad that we played a rousing game of Scattegories on Friday night at Mike's house. Scattegories might seem like a boring game to those who have never played, but let me tell you, it can become heated very quickly. It is always enjoyable to play with people who question every answer, and develop petty rivalries because someone did not vote for one of their answers. People are still talking about the Scattegories Slugfest that took place in Danny, Tripp, and Johnny's room in the fall of our Sophomore year.

Some of you might be thinking, why did Justin go all the way to Houston simply to play Scattegories? I did not, but that is not to say that I would not consider the possibility in the future. I ventured to that sprawling metropolis for the wedding of Heather James and Nate Fears. It was really good to see some guys from club like Jeff, Joey, Cody, Garrett, Gilly, Demetrius, Danny,and Brian Holland. It seems that as each year has gone by, I have become closer to all of these guys in ways that I just did not find in high school.

It always seems that when things we do not like happen, we cannot even begin to fathom them in the beginning, but with time, things begin to come into focus and seemingly incongrous parts fit together into a somewhat logical whole. Giving things and ideas their proper time to sink in and develop is one of the most difficult things to do in life, but I am learning that is often the best way to deal with difficult circumstances. Time may not necessarily heal all wounds, but it is often better than quickly speaking when no words are necessary.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home