Sunday, January 2, 2005

Calm Like A Bomb

Funny moment of the night: While watching "Behind Enemy Lines" for the first time I was struggling to imagine Owen Wilson as a Navy Fighter Plane Navigator, and I was beginning to believe that he could pull it off. Until.........

In a moment of extreme concentration, the camera zooms in on Owen's face, and he locks into a stare of determination that is the exact replica of the look he gave Derek in the David Bowie sanctioned walk-off in "Zoolander." The rest of the movie was ruined for me. I kept expecting him to escape from the Serbian assassin on his Razor Scooter or something.

Joey's house was a lot of fun, and there are few things that are more enjoyable than hitting a pitching wedge at a closed driving range. Every time that I go down to Austin, it further reinforces my desire to live there at some point in my life. I am not sure what it is about the city and area, but it has exerted an odd sort of attraction for me for a long time.

I am looking forward to my last week here at home. We are heading up to my grandmother's farm tomorrow, which is always a lot of fun. I have really fond memories of exploring the "Big Ditch", feeding cows, and fishing around the farm, and it will be good to return to the site of so many family moments tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home