Saturday, January 8, 2005

I'd Give My Life to Lay My Head Tonight on a Bed of California Stars

It does not feel like a month has passed since I last sat at this computer to compose my thoughts. So much has happened over the break, but sometimes it just feels like my life in Abilene has been on pause until I returned today. It will be good to get back to work on friendships, classes,and Sing Song this semester. Life continues to move along, and when I look up only have 3 more semesters at ACU. I realize that life is happening all around me, and that if you constantly look to a certain job, career, or school as the point where your life begins then you will never be satisfied, but will always be waiting for life to start.

It was good to come back into town today and to see Sarah W., Sarah C., Jeff, Cole, Patrick, Jim, Jon B., and others that I have missed over the break. I am not sure what this semester will bring, but each day is a new chance to see the beauty that is out there. Not to ignore the pain and human frailty around me, but to see the beauty in our striving to see things with new eyes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home