Friday, January 14, 2005

Out of Everyone, Can Anybody Find Their Home?

I am so blessed. I should be thankful for my life everyday, but for some ridiculous reason, I often forget how much I am given by those around me.

I am thankful for friends like Jon, Adam, and John Calaway. People that I can sit in a booth at IHOP with and laugh about the most simple things. I am thankful for people like Rebekah Davis who make me cookies/brownies for my birthday and put up signs outside the Sociology office telling everyone it is my birthday this weekend and they should come in a tell me "Happy Birthday." I am thankful for Courtney, Sarah C., Lori Bredemeyer, and Jace waiting on the rest of us to start the O.C. at 11. I am thankful for Joey Halbert and Michael Hunton and their ability to make me laugh in the middle of Sing Song because they are busting a move. I am thankful for Jeff McCain's Sing Song face. I am thankful for friends like Brandon Maenius, Lance Agan, Luke Reeves, Jeramie Hanson, Patrick Vincent, Chris Lee, Garrett Oakley, Jordan Gay, Keith Rodgers, and Doug Luallin for their willingness to share and learn in the midst of our struggles. I am thankful for my parents. For my Mom sending me emails each morning just to catch up, and to let me know she is thinking about me. For my Dad calling last night in the middle of Sing Song practice to tell me that he was watching Wilco on Austin City Limits. For my sister giving me a smile each time I see her around school.

Some people may read this and it may make them want wretch like they have just read too many cheesy Hallmark cards, but I believe taking this kind of inventory is important. Too often, I simply drift along in my own problems and thoughts and I am not thankful enough to people around me who are sharing their lives with me. This is not sufficient thanks to these people, but everytime I read this it will serve as a reminder that I need to share my love with them. These people challenge me to a better Christian, man, son, brother, and friend. I am changed because of the people that I am blessed to spend each day with.

3 Comments:

At 11:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the key to happiness in life is keeping a thankful heart....it looks like you're on the right track. love, Mom

 
At 7:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well played, sir, well played.

O. Wilde

 
At 8:23 PM, Blogger Justin said...

Now I know I have reached the big time. Oscar Wilde made a comment on one of my blog posts. I should just close up shop and quit while I am on top.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home