Monday, January 31, 2005

I'd Like to Dream My Troubles All Away on a Bed of California Stars

Some of the best memories that I have formed over the years have involved my experiences at Trek. As a camper for 5 years, and as a guide these past 2 years, Trek has transformed me in powerful ways, and has molded me into the person that I am today.

Because of that, it was a huge blessing to see Tommy and Edd today, and to have dinner with them tonight. I relished the opportunity to sit around and tell old stories, to ask about people that I have not seen in a while, and to look forward to next summer.

I think that a big part of me is going to die when I realize that I will no longer be able to spend my summers in God's wilderness. It is a place where I am alive like nowhere else, and where I am able to spend time in authentic community with others. I know that there are many people who would give anything to be able to see what I have seen, and walk the places I have walked. Each and every time that someone says, "I wanted to do that so badly," I remember how fortunate that I am to have this opportunity. It makes every night that I sleep on the ground, every pot of Ramen noodles that I eat, and every blister that I tape worth it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home