Friday, April 17, 2009

He's Waiting In the Wind and Rain, I Simply Haven't Looked

My dear readers, I come to you in need of a little help. Tomorrow night, I've been asked to give a short talk/speech at a fundraising dinner for Wilderness Trek.

I was given the following prompt/suggestion:
  1. How has Trek changed your life?
  2. How have you seen Trek change the lives of those around you?
So, for those of you who have been on Trek or know someone who has been on Trek, how would you answer those questions?
I have some thoughts on those topics rolling around in my head, but if there's anything I've learned so far in my 25 years, it's that I usually learn the most by shutting up and listening those around me.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 9:52 AM, Blogger Cody Blair said...

Trek is an escape, a week of true freedom for kids and adults alike. Freedom from the busyness of life, freedom from our cell phones, ipods, computers, jobs. It's freedom from all the things that keep us from celebrating and living in the freedom we have in Christ. I've seen both my peers and students have this freedom revealed to them on Trek. Whether at the top of cliff clinging to an uncomfortable harness and rope; sitting under the shade of pine for 3 hours watching the sun bring life to a forest; or the indescribable feeling of uncommonly still summit on perfectly clear day; there are so many reminders of that freedom kids and adults enjoy each week on Trek. And it's the whole experience, the escape from the routine and the familiar, that reminds of us of the beauty of Christ and the freedom he offers each of us.

I freakin' love Trek.

 
At 9:57 AM, Blogger Justin said...

Cody,

Thanks for those thoughts. Trek means so many things to so many people, and I'm just trying to gather those thoughts, feelings, and memories before I talk tonight.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home