Wednesday, April 15, 2009

I'm Just the Same, Lost in a Crowd, Lookin' For the Rain in a Thundercloud

Question of the Day: What do we call this decade?
  • The Aughts?
  • The Double-Aughts
  • The 2000's?
  • The O's?
  • The Zeroes?
I need to know the answer to this question, you need to know the answer to this question, and certainly VH1, with the need to fill hours of the TV programming schedule with a future retrospective of the decade featuring A,B,C, and D-list comics, needs to know the answer.

25 years from now, when one my hypothetical children asks me, "Dad, what was it like going to college back in the (Insert name of decade here)?", what name is he/she going to put in those parentheses?

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 7:44 PM, Blogger Cris said...

I had the same question, fellow blogger. VH1 has already tackled it. I caught an episode of "I love 2003" while I was in the States. They decided to call the series "the two thousands." Lame if you ask me, but do we have a better option?c

 
At 9:19 PM, Blogger Prosso said...

"greatest era of GSP history"

 
At 8:04 AM, Blogger Justin said...

Cris,

Thanks for the info. As much as I don't like it, I think we have to go with "The Aughts" rather than "the 2000's", because wouldn't "the 2000's" refer to the entire 3rd millenium?

Joseph,

I have no qualms with this title whatsoever. It was good to be part of the Golden Age.

In the future, much like people refer to the funeral oration of Pericles during the Peloponnesian War as one of the great speeches from the Golden Age of Athens, I think people will refer to the "I hate the moonies" speech by Jake Wardell in the same breath.

Or not.

Who really knows?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home