Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Oh, The Days The Rain Would Fall Your Way

I'm a bit late on this (and trust me, it's not from some sense of extraordinary scholastic achievement), but the P.C. III grades came out yesterday, and I would like to include a brief word from our sponsors, Rare Earth, once again:

That's right, folks, our long national Practice Court-related nightmare is now officially over. Well, for my class at least.

All of the other saps who are currently in P.C. and those who will have to endure the law school edition of the Bataan Death March at some point the future?

They'll just have to find their own way to survive.

Current Reading

To Hate Like This Is to Be Happy Forever: A Thoroughly Obsessive, Intermittently Uplifiting, and Occasionally Unbiased Account of the Duke-North Carolina Basketball Rivlary by Will Blythe

I knew this book was going to be right up my alley (whatever that really means) when I read the following quote on the book's jacket:

It is a basketball rivalry that simply has no equal. Duke vs. North Carolina is Ali vs. Frazier, the Giants vs. the Dodgers, the Red Sox vs. the Yankees. Hell, it's bigger than that. This is the Democrats vs. the Republicans, the Yankees vs. the Confederates, capitalism vs. communism. All right, okay, the Life Force vs. the Death Instinct, Eros vs. Thanatos. Is that big enough?

Labels: , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 4:22 PM, Blogger lance said...

Scott, nice book choice. Not that I've read it, but still. There was an excerpt in SI a year or so ago and it seemed pretty cool. Lemme know how it turns out.

In a related note, the 'word verification' for this message is GAMERS. Tight.

 
At 6:15 PM, Blogger Justin said...

Pants,

I'm enjoying the book so far. It's right up there with Rammer Jammer in the whole "follow a team around and indulge the crazy circus associated with that team" genre. I'm not sure how large that genre is, but it's good nonetheless.

GAMERS...hmmmm. I'll consult the psychology major lady friend for possible Freudian explanations.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home