Sunday, March 22, 2009

I'm Starting to Believe It's Your Plan All Along

Congratulations to Ms. Nina Patterson for correctly naming "Nightblindness" by David Gray as the Friday Song of the Day.

It's a rare occurrence to be labeled as a prophet in your own time, but when someone calls me just that, who am I to argue, dear readers? This concludes the self-congratulatory portion of today's post.

Last night, even though I am not a graduate of the University of Texas, I gathered with some Texas-Ex classmates to support the Longhorns in their quest to take down the Evil Empire of the North Carolina Research Triangle, the Duke University Men's Basketball Team.
In an aim to discern my rooting interests, and knowing that I didn't go to UT, one of my classmates asked,"Justin, who are you cheering for?" I turned to her with a look of pain in my eyes and responded,"I'm rooting for UT. Cheering for Duke would be like cheering for the Road Runner against Wile E. Coyote or AIDS in Africa."* In other words, something deeply and inherently evil and possibly scarring to one's eternal soul.
As we all know, the 'Horns came up short in their effort to rid the 2009 NCAA Tournament of the team America loves to hate, but as of now, we are all supporters of the Villanova Wildcats.

*Those exact words may or may not have been used. I'll leave the actual phrasing to your imagination.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home