Monday, March 16, 2009

Who Will Dance On the Floor In the Round?

Congratulations to Mr. John Middleton for correctly naming "Say It Ain't So" by Weezer as the Friday Song of the Day.

If a Phi Beta Kappa graduate of Harvard like Rivers Cuomo can use "ain't", I guess it's okay for the rest of us common folk.

In the realm of addressing topics about two months too late, I was able to catch Slumdog Millionaire on Saturday, and let me tell you, in the category of "movies that incorporate the Indian version of Who Wants to Be Millionaire and also won an Oscar for Best Picture" (a surprisingly narrow category), I don't think I've ever seen a finer film. Seriously though, if the voters of the Academy didn't sway you, I'll add my voice to the chorus: Go do yourself a favor and pick up Slumdog when it comes out on DVD two weeks after St. Patty's Day, a.k.a. March 31. Tell them Jamal Malik sent you.

Current Reading


The Forever War by Dexter Filkins


Labels: , , , , ,

3 Comments:

At 11:08 AM, Blogger IMV said...

Billie Jean - Michael Jackson (or David Cook, or any number of other covers)

-Middleton

PS Thanks for the win over the EE. They need to keep dropping points.

 
At 11:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've also been promoting Slumdog. Very good film that everyone should see. Unfortunately it did not get much play in the 75703 until after it won.

Tim

 
At 11:57 AM, Blogger Justin said...

John,

It's like they always say:

"The enemy of my enemy is my friend."

Tim,

I guess I couldn't shake my Tyler roots in also seeing the film after the Oscars. Great film, though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home