Saturday, February 28, 2009

When You're All Argumentative and You've Got the Face On

Congratulations to Ms. Nina Patterson for correctly naming "Fake Plastic Trees" by Radiohead as the Friday Song of the Day.

I realize that I'm becoming a bit repetitive with these "drug cartels are taking over Mexico" stories, but it bears mentioning when one of the cartels in Juarez basically steals one of the Joker's tactics in The Dark Knight.
It was drug traffickers who decided that Chief Roberto Orduña Cruz, a retired army major who had been on the job since May, should go. To make clear their insistence, they vowed to kill a police officer every 48 hours until he resigned.


They first killed Mr. Orduña’s deputy, Operations Director Sacramento Pérez Serrano, together with three of his men. Then another police officer and a prison guard turned up dead. As the body count grew, Mr. Orduña eventually did as the traffickers had demanded, resigning his post on Feb. 20 and fleeing the city.

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 9:59 AM, Blogger Prosso said...

So I picked up Boys Will Be Boys again and I have a challenge for you and Agan. If 2002-2007 GSP was the Cowboys dynasty, who would everyone be? All I can figure out so far is that Heintz is Irvin and D is Charles Haley (for reasons that merit email and not blog comments). I also have a sponsor in mind for Jimmy Johnson.

 
At 12:48 PM, Blogger Justin said...

Joseph,

This is the kind of endeavor that I can fully support. You, me, and Mr. Agan need to exchange a few emails on the topic.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home