Monday, March 2, 2009

Wakin' Up Feelin' Good and Limber

Admittedly, the following video has the sound quality of a microphone falling down a well, but for those of you out there on the interwebs who enjoy a little Coldplay, U2 (well, at least Bono), and the Killers, here's a delightful stew of all of the above playing "All These Things I've Done" last month in London.

The film has an odd Zapruder quality to it, and I fully expect that Andrew Tuegel will present us with a 35-page breakdown of the footage within the week.

We've all heard about how music has that mystical quality of bringing back names, faces, and places from our past, but every time I hear that song, I'm suddenly standing in the outfield of the ACU Intramural field at 2 in the morning, wearing a flight-suit, and hoarsely screaming "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier!!!"

And all of this makes perfect sense.

Current Reading

Inside the Third Reich: Memoirs by Albert Speer

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At 8:11 AM, Blogger Luke Reeves said...

A Lee Harvey Oswald reference and a Habitat for Humanity reference in the same post?! Your game has reached that next level, my man. Next level.

 
At 9:28 AM, Blogger Justin said...

Lukas,

A day without a Lee Harvey Oswald reference is like a day without sunshine. Sorry, JFK.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home