Tuesday, March 24, 2009

In a While We'll Smile, March On Another Mile

Congratulations to Mr. Andrew M. Tuegel for correctly naming "Kite" by U2 as the Monday Song of the Day.

Usually, the selected lyrics from the Song of the Day are only tangentially (at best) related to the subject matter in the connected post, but those lyrics from "Kite" were just too good to pass up yesterday. Great song, as well.

I appreciate the thoughts of those of you who commented yesterday, and to continue with the idea that the fragmentation of informational sources has led to greater variety and a greater niche followings among bands, authors, and everyone in between, I'm conducting a little poll/research project with your help.

Prof. Osler had a humorous post recently on the dichotomy between his parents in terms of what is and is not authoritative, and even though this is not necessarily about what who or what you consider authoritative, I am asking this:

Which bloggers (and I use that term broadly) do you always read regardless of whether you love or hate what they have to say?

Out there in the Mad Max: Beyond Thunderdome-world that is the internet, I'm sure that some of you wait with baited breath for the latest offering from someone that I have no idea even exists. This poll/very informal study is an effort to learn more about the diversity of those informational sources.

My list (with a few friends thrown in to spice things up):
  • David Brooks
  • Bill Simmons
  • Thomas E. Ricks
  • Luke Reeves
  • Joey Halbert
  • Lance Agan
  • Dan Carlson
  • Jeremy Masten
  • Andrew Sullivan
  • Peter Pope
  • Sarah Yee
  • Jonathan Swanburg
  • Drew Magary
  • Tim Henderson
  • Patrick Vincent
  • Jonathan Smith
  • Sarah Carlson
  • David Frum
  • Malcolm Gladwell
  • Cris Carpenter
  • George Packer
  • Jeff Pearlman
  • Prof. Osler
  • Mike Cope
  • Ross Douthat
  • Steve Coll
Who's on your list?

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At 1:01 AM, Blogger Yee said...

I feel special! :)

 
At 8:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Patty V's blog blows! I always read Lukes!

-Ben Reeves

 
At 10:14 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Leitch, Douthat, Allahpundit, Jonah Goldberg, Hit and Run (Reason's blog), Megan McCardle, Ann Althouse, Glenn Reynolds, Drew Magary, The Ace of Spades, Mickey Kaus, Inside Corner at DMagazine.com, Adam Morris at Lonestarball, Mike Fisher at Dallasbasketball.com, and never ever ever Andrew Sullivan.

 
At 10:56 PM, Blogger Jeremy Masten said...

I'm lazy and married, so I'm afraid my list isn't as extensive or as scholarly as yours. I f'sho read:
- Garfield Minus Garfield
- Indexed
- Pearls Before Swine (best comic ever)
- Sherman's Lagoon
- xkcd.com
- Yahoo! News: Obituaries
- We're Only Human (though I usually have to keep it for later and read it much later)

I generally read yours and Yee's (when she posts), but not unless either of you talks about English premier league futbol. Unless it involves pictures of a ankles grotesquely disconnected from feet, then maybe I read it.

 
At 10:03 AM, Blogger Justin said...

Masten,

I had no idea Yee was a fan of the EPL. She's probably a West Ham supporter.

Also, I'll try to find/encourage more compound fractures back in Mother England, if only to make you happy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home