Monday, January 5, 2009

The Street Sounds Like a Symphony

Congratulations to Mr. John Middleton for correctly naming "Rockin' the Suburbs" by Ben Folds as the Song of the Day for way, way back on Thursday, December 18, 2008. John, I'm sorry that I took so long in withholding your accolades, but you're a Chelsea supporter, and I can't really be expected to do you any favors.
Much like Fernando Torres on Saturday, I'm slowly working my way back into playing shape after the Christmas/New Year's blogging abyss.

Even though it's January 5, and even though I'm not normally a New Year's Resolution-type guy, I'm going to throw out a resolution to you, my dear readers, so that I will be held accountable in my pursuit of excellence this year.

What is that resolution?

Despite the fact that I have no guitar-playing skills whatsoever, I'm going to learn a little trick with that instrument that makes the ladies swoon. No, I'm not actually going to develop any particular skill playing the guitar. I'm just going to perfect the move that The Hold Steady guitarist Tad Kubler throws down at the 5:38 mark in this performance of "Most People are DJs".

Wish me luck, and take pity on the numerous guitars I will surely destroy in pursuit of my goal.

Labels: , , , , ,

4 Comments:

At 1:00 PM, Blogger Andrew Tuegel said...

Is that Martin O'Neill moonlighting as the lead singer of The Hold Steady?

 
At 1:20 PM, Blogger Justin said...

If Martin O'Neill and Craig Finn are in fact long-lost cousins that's not going to change the fact that Liverpool is my team, but that might make Villa a close second.

 
At 5:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HOORAY!!! Another Chelsea supporter :)

 
At 5:33 PM, Blogger Justin said...

Another Chelsea supporter here in the friendly confines of Running Down a Dream?

The barbarians are at the gate, folks. We must do what we can to keep them at bay.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home