Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Well I Was Good at Doin' What I Was Told

Congratulations to Mr. Peter Pope for correctly naming "Hook" by Blues Traveler as the Tuesday Song of the Day. I think I've used "Hook" as the Song of the Day at approximately 35 points in the past year, but that is no one's fault but mine, dear readers.

The following story popped up yesterday on a few of my favorite destinations on the ol' interwebs, and it's just too good to pass up here. In fact, if I didn't know better, I would think I was reading a story occupying the front page of The Onion.

Enjoy...

The boy, asked his name, put down a tiny plate and ran behind his father's leg. He flashed a shy smile but wouldn't answer. Heath Campbell, 35, the boy's father, encouraged him.

"Say Adolf," said Campbell, a Holocaust denier who has three children named for Nazism.

Again, the boy wouldn't answer. It wasn't the first time the name caused hesitation.

Adolf Hitler Campbell -- it's indeed the name on his birth certificate -- turns 3 today, and the Campbell family believes the boy has been mistreated. A local supermarket refused to make a birthday cake with "Adolf Hitler" on it.

"Holland Township Man Names Son After Adolf Hitler"

As noted blogger, ahem, Blahger Luke Reeves astutely pointed out: "We have two instances of child abuse here, the name and the mullet."

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 11:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Hook" - Blues Traveler

Lane Kiffin's wife

 
At 11:09 PM, Blogger Justin said...

Not this time,um, Layla Kiffin.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home