Monday, April 7, 2008

Don't Let the Days Go By

Congratulations to Mrs. Sarah Yee as the latest winner of the McLennan County (as opposed to World) Famous Running Down a Dream Caption Contest.

For this extremely troubling photograph of talk-show raconteur Larry King, she gave this response:

"A fork and this man = why the lights really went out in Georgia."

This Week's Photo
In honor of the Southwest Airlines Wii-homage commercial (which can be viewed here) and General Petraeus's appearance this week on Capitol Hill, here's my submission: "Iraq: Want to Get Away?"

As always, place your submissions in the comments section. The Caption Contest runs through Sunday (4/13).

Note: Once again, thanks to the good folks over at Deadspin for the photo.

Labels: , , , ,

8 Comments:

At 4:16 PM, Blogger Yee said...

Woo! I won! Which is nice because I'm absolute crap at the lyric thing. :)

 
At 6:11 PM, Blogger Dan Carlson said...

"Why buy body armor when there are video games to be played?"

 
At 7:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Theme song to Family Matters...wait...nevermind, the lyrics to that song are "as days go by." I should still get credit though.

Kalum

 
At 10:45 PM, Blogger Justin said...

Kalum,

Close but no cigar, my friend. That's probably the first time that Steve Urkel and General Petraeus have ever been mentioned in the same general space, though.

 
At 9:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

this one is Glycerine, by whichever 90's band sang that song.

 
At 9:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

After much in-depth research, I have discovered the band was Bush. (I didn't realize punk rock bands were into Republican politics, but that's cool)

 
At 9:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, here's my caption. "David, you have to go shoot Iraqis now." "Not yet, Mom, I'm on the last hole, and I'm two under."

 
At 11:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't seem to work this blog thing, but that last caption was mine

 

Post a Comment

<< Home