Thursday, April 3, 2008

Now, I Know Times Are Changin' and the People Need Rearrangin'

Congratulations to Mr. Joey Halbert for correctly naming "Bleed American" by Jimmy Eat World as the Wednesday Song of the Day.

I realize that last Tuesday I noted I rarely use this space to solicit your support for certain causes (besides Liverpool F.C.'s), but today I am going to make another exception to that long-standing policy.

In the vein of 2001's Run from Abilene to Searcy, 2003's Bike Ride to Pepperdine #1, 2005's 60 Hours of Softball (Insanity for Humanity for the insiders among you), and 2006's Bike Ride to Pepperdine #2, the men of Gamma Sigma Phi are again pushing the limits of human endeavor with GSP Serving OIF: A world-record breaking 68-hour volleyball game to benefit the Osteogenesis Imperfecta Foundation.

I can say without a doubt that the softball game and the bike ride are two of the most enduring memories that I have from my time in GSP and at ACU. As I have had a few years to gain some sort of perspective on those events, I have come to realize what a rare opportunity it was to support great causes both years (Habitat for Humanity in the softball game and OIF on the bike ride)while also engaging in the world's (then) longest softball game and a cross-country bike ride.

If you are wondering why GSP initially chose to support OIF back in 2006, the answer can found on the following video:


Good luck to everyone playing in the game. Sanity becomes a bit difficult to maintain after about 40 hours or so. Don't fight the madness. Embrace it, my friends.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home