Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Wondering If We Spent Our Living Days Well

Thanks to everyone who has submitted entries thus far for this week's Caption Contest. Be sure to keep them coming through Sunday. In the words of LBJ: "Vote early, and vote often."

An event that occurred yesterday has captured my mind, and I've come to the most discerning readership in the entire world for answers. In the midst of a conversation where my friend [name removed to protect the innocent] made a joke about a "mer-man", I threw out the Zoolander "Mer-man! (High pitched cough). Mer-man!!" quote. Hours later, another one of my friends, [name again removed to protect the innocent], called me out for quoting movies that were "cool in 2001."
Here's the question: What's the applicable statute of limitations on quoting a given movie? 2 years? 5 years? 10 years? Until the end of time in the right situations?

These are things I need to know. The other day, I'm pretty sure I utilized a Sandlot "For-ev-er" courtesy of Michael "Squints" Paladoris and received a positive response, but was that simply pity rather than honor and respect?
Let me know, dear readers. I eagerly await your responses.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At 9:28 AM, Blogger lance said...

Wow. Mer-Man?!?! Who said that? Man, that guy must really be a tool.

 
At 3:12 PM, Blogger Prosso said...

Don't quote movies.

 
At 11:24 PM, Blogger Jeremy Masten said...

I think good quotes are like murder--there is no statute of limitations. If the quote's good enough and the situation is right, then you can quote it until the end of time.

That's all I got. Nothing witty. Just my vote.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home