Sunday, November 11, 2007

I Dig My Toes Into the Sand

Congratulations to Mr. Andrew Tuegel for correctly naming "Yahweh" by U2 from How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb as the Thursday Song of the Day. Despite the fact that he was thwarted by Kalum Tuggle in the last U2 Song of the Day contest, Mr. Tuegel has retaken the upperhand in the battle for Bono supremacy.


Since the Winter Quarter begins tomorrow these words from Jacob Riis seem appropriate once again:

"When nothing seems to help, I go look at a stonecutter hammering away at his rock perhaps a hundred times without as much as a crack showing in it. Yet at the hundred and first blow it will split in two, and I know it was not that blow that did it, but all that had gone before."


No matter what you wake up to do tomorrow, whether it be going to school, working with kids, pouring concrete or flipping burgers, keep pounding the rock. You never know when the break will come.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At 12:25 AM, Blogger Kizer said...

Incubus - Wish you were here.

 
At 5:04 PM, Blogger Prosso said...

Oh, the rock. How I pound you. I've gone 60% more bald since I started law school. What are you gonna do in the summer?

What should I do?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home