Tuesday, October 30, 2007

For You, I'd Bleed Myself Dry

Congratulations to Mr. Tim Henderson for correctly naming "Jungleland" by Bruce Springsteen as the Monday Song of the Day. Tim, even though I prominently displayed the "Jungleland" video in yesterday's post, I like to make sure every so often that everyone is still paying attention.

As difficult as this may be for you to believe, I somehow neglected to mention Liverpool's 1-1 Sunday draw against Premier League leaders Arsenal in yesterday's post. Despite a phenomenal free-kick goal from skipper Steven Gerrard (which you can view below), the Gunners were able to pull even with the Reds courtesy of an 80th minute equalizer by midfielder Francesc Fabregas.


This is probably the first time I've posted a highlight video shot by a supporter, but the reaction at the end makes up for the less than stellar camera work.

Finally, I must pay tribute to the great, and now late, Robert Goulet. I doubt that I would have ever paid attention to Goulet if Will Ferrell had never come on Saturday Night Live hawking "The Coconut Banger's Ball: It's a Rap".


One of my friends, Courtney Varner to be precise, actually gave me Goulet's Greatest Hits as a Christmas gift during my time at ACU. I must admit that I don't listen to the album very much, if at all, but tonight it's going into the rotation. This one's for you, Mr. Goulet.


Current Reading


Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

At 9:25 AM, Blogger Luke Reeves said...

Nice. Classic Yellow...listening to it right now.

 
At 1:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ugh, I hate it when I'm late on one I actually know. Throw me a bone here!

 
At 4:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I was watching the news and saw that Goulet died, I frantically searched for my phone so I could break the news to you myself. I associate Robert Goulet with Justin Scott. I don't know whether that should be a source of pride or shame for you. Or for me, really.

 
At 4:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Joey

 

Post a Comment

<< Home