Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Just Don't Make It Last Any Longer Than It Has To

Back in the Fall of 2003, a number of ambitious Gamma Sigs (I was not one of them) took a trip they entitled the "Tex-Mex" tour through the Lone Star State. Stops were made in Fort Worth, Houston, Austin, College Station, and San Antonio during the course of a weekend. I'm pretty sure Joe T. Garcia's in Fort Worth was the ordained champion at the conclusion of the voyage, but I really need a reader who was actually on that legendary excursion to set the record straight.

With that said, a food critic from the NY Times recently undertook a miniature version of the Tex-Mex tour with stops in San Antonio, Dallas, and Houston. I'm pretty sure just reading this article made me long for a cheesy sopapilla from Chuy's.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 1:01 PM, Blogger Luke Reeves said...

mmm...with the creamy jalapeƱo sauce.

 
At 1:37 PM, Blogger Kizer said...

Joe T. Garcia's was indeed the winner. I still have my folder that MSG made us all.

 
At 5:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The restaurant selection at a couple of stops on that trip was sub par; for some reason we let individuals from some cities be the lone decision makers instead of consulting he broader popular opinion of the city. Let that be a warning to any future Tex-Mex challenges. I guess that is what happens when you let a Californian plan such a trip.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home