Friday, October 12, 2007

But If You're Bored Then You're Boring

Congratulations to Mr. Joseph Halbert for correctly naming "This is Your Life" and "The Blues" by Switchfoot as the Songs of the Day for Tuesday and Wednesday respectively. Joey, I'm glad that I'm not the only one who will listen to some songs over and over again. I was beginning to think that I was the only 23-year old who still adhered to the toddler's regimen of watching/listening to the same video/song until it makes your eyes want to bleed. Sorry to paint such a graphic picture there, but you get the idea.

It's good to be back home for the weekend after an interview with a firm in Tyler earlier today. I always enjoy coming back home because it's probably the only place where I can get made fun of mercilessly and still get free food. Most of you have probably seen my new (read: short) haircut in the last two weeks, but none of you gave a verbal assessment that closely rivals my Dad's kind words: "Son, law school is probably not the time to experiment with haircuts. You don't want a law firm to think that you just walked off the set of Deliverance."
If that's what the rest of you were thinking, well, I guess I'm glad you don't possess the verbal courage of my Dad.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 11:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn't it interesting that your haircut should matter so much. In academia your haircut doesn't matter, but if you want a job outside of academia somehow your haircut matters.

 
At 2:05 AM, Blogger Heath Huston said...

Flagpole Sitta by Harvey Danger

 

Post a Comment

<< Home